Friday, January 21, 2011

01/20/2011

Needless to say, this has been a long week as a stay at home dad! Hopefully the kids will start regular daycare on Monday and I will start my new job on Tuesday. I must say, I have always had a great deal of respect for stay at home parents, especially parents of multiples, but now I have a greater respect and admiration for those!!! You all are my heroes! Especially my fellow triplet dads out there (no offense ladies)!

After four days in the house and everyone (including me) going stir crazy, I decided to try my hand at getting the Tioux out of the house by myself and take them to Sam's. Mind you, in their 17 months of existence, I have NEVER taken them out somewhere by myself! To be honest, I have always been a little scared to. I figured, they would conspire against me and do something to undermine my SuperDad status. But this time, I knew I HAD to get them out. It was a matter of life or death!!! Well, not really, but we needed a change of scenery.

The hardest decision that I had to make was what to put them in to wear on our little adventure. I wanted them to look good, but also be warm and be in something that would be easy to change in case we had a surprise poopy! I went with their Osh Kosh overalls. And I thought they looked great!

I waited until after lunch and and their long morning nap. I took the triple wide mountain buggy stroller so I could push it and pull the shopping cart. Believe it or not, that trip was a PIECE of CAKE!!! We were in and out in no time. Everyone in the store was amazed to say the least, not that there were triplets, but that Dad was running them around unassisted! Just kidding, not sure what most of them thought, because I kept my head down and eyes straight ahead as to not waste and time! It was fun though and will give me the confidence to do it again by myself.

Here are a few shots of what I had them in:

I just love this picture of Jack. He looks so tiny!

Handsome little Man

Sweet little Addi

Wide open Kate

My little Osh Kosh Trioux






No comments:

Post a Comment