Monday, February 28, 2011

02/26/2011

GOLF LESSONS

For many of you that know me personally, you have probably been guessing how long it was going to take for me to get a set of golf clubs into the Trioux's hands. Well, I figured 18 months would be a pretty good age. Being a former teaching pro myself, I am going to try not to be one of "those dads" and force them to play a certain way and practice all the time, but I have to figure out a way to pay for college at some point.

The selection for kids these age is a little slim. I play left handed myself and was a little disappointed that there were no toddler lefty sets. I remember growing up feeling discriminated playing golf left handed and thought that things may have changed, but they haven't and I had to settle with a right handed set. There was not a very large selecting for shaft flex, driver lofts or length options, so I had to go with a stock off the shelf set. I think it will work for a little while and then we will weight our options later.

All kidding aside, we had a great time getting out in the spring air and enjoying a sunny Saturday afternoon! Enjoy


Thanks Dad! Now we can play like you!

Everyone gets a club and a ball

Addi gets a putter, Jack and iron and Kate the driver (fitting)
Jack getting his 7-iron out of the bag

"Is this the right club Dad? Or is it too much stick?"
"I think this is the right one!"
The next Bubba Watson
Great one piece take away!
Bring out the lumber!
A little closed coming back, but she has the hand coordination to square it back up.
Addi is the best putter of the three
Kind of reminiscent of old school Jack at the Masters
After golf, we went for a drive

No comments:

Post a Comment