Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year for Thanksgiving, we decided to load up the kids and head to Senoia to spend the weekend. We were actually able to get the entire family together for this one and overall I think everyone had a great time and the kids had a blast! I wish I could say they entire trip was a huge success, but I would be lying thru my teeth!!!

The original plan was to leave after I got off of work and after we fed the kids dinner so they would sleep most of the way. My mom was originally going to come into town early that afternoon so she could ride with us. Well, as most plans go with triplets, they got modified. My mom actually was able to come down Tuesday during the day and I was able to take off from work at noon, so we decided to try and leave as early as possible and stop for dinner. I think we finally got on the road around 3:30 so it we did get a pretty good head start.

The first half of the trip was pretty uneventful. Jack slept the whole time and Addi and Kate watched Cars most of the time. We decided to stop at Cracker Barrel for dinner on the way. Seemed logical at the time because it has ANYTHING you could possibly feed three toddlers and best of all, it is a loud environment so we don’t have to worry if someone gets upset. I actually called from the road to make sure they had enough high chairs for us. Luckily we got there before the rush, but that also meant that we got the most dreaded (at least if you have multiples) table of all, front and center. Any of you out there that have ever been to a Cracker Barrel know exactly which table I am talking about. Right behind the hostess station, almost staged to be the main attraction, there is a big round table. Yea, that’s the one we were at. As most of you out there with multiples know, we were the center of all the attention of the entire restaurant. Coming and going, everyone could see us. It was rather comical. They sure do attract the elderly. They really seem to love them. We did hear all the usual comments but just shrugged them off and tried to get in and out as quick as we could. We still had three and a half hours left and it was already 7:00.

We got back on the road and that’s where the fun (insert sarcasm) began. The Trioux drifted off to sleep for ohhh I don’t know, maybe 15 minutes and that was about all the silence we got for the rest of the trip!!! Jack passed out and we hardly heard a peep out of him for the rest of the trip. Kate would go in and out, but she was having these wicked coughing spells. Addi on the other hand, was not a happy camper and wanted everyone to know it!!!! She started yelling and screaming about twenty or thirty miles after we left Cracker Barrel and didn’t stop until we got to Senoia, three hours later!!! She would cry and fuss, and then drift off to sleep for about five minutes and then start again. About mid way thru the trip we decided to stop and turn her car seat back around because we thought the lights might be bothering her, but that didn’t work! When we stopped in Auburn (my favorite little place on the plains), and got her out of her seat, she was just as happy as can be. Playing and talking and having a great time, so I knew it was the fact that she just didn’t want to be in that seat. Needless to say, as soon as we got back on the road, she went back to screaming and yelling! That was the longest three hours of my life. Funny part is, when we pulled into Senoia and we were about five miles from the house, she fell asleep and didn’t wake up until we pulled her out of the seat!!! Other than that, the rest of the weekend was fabulous!!!

We got up Thursday morning and made all the preparations for a great big Thanksgiving feast. This was an extra special Thanksgiving because it was the Trioux’s first that they could actually enjoy the feast themselves. I really enjoyed it because I was able to spend some great male bonding time outside frying a turkey, smoking cigars, and having a few cold beers at 11:00 in the morning! It was great. I really think the kids enjoyed their lunch. They sure took a mighty long nap after that meal! We all settled in and watched football the rest of the day and spent a nice relaxing day enjoying the great weather!

Friday was Iron Bowl day, not Black Friday, not day after Thanksgiving, and for the first time in a long time, I was actually able to sit down and watch the ENTIRE game without interruption and all I can say is WOW CAM WOW!!!

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful except for the Trioux’s first formal sit down dinner at a fine restaurant. I will have a separate post about that one later. I hope that everyone had a great holiday and was able to enjoy it with their friends and family. I sure do cherish mine more and more these days. My family is so important to me and it really meant so much that we were able to all be together this year. Enjoy the pics and see you next time!!! Excuse the quality of some of these. Some were taken with a great camera, some were taken with a cell phone and none have been edited. Maybe one day I will learn how to use Photoshop.

Our lovely bird covered in peanut butter (don't ask me, it turned out GREAT!)




What fun!

Before the mayhem

Can you tell Addi enjoyed hers?

Kate not too sure about it all

No comment needed

The whole family (minus mom taking the photo)

Jack and I enjoying the best part, ROLLS!!

Kate up to no good as usual

Addi and her Elf shoes

Kate and her lovie

Kate just took off on her own up the stairs! FEARLESS!

Jack learning to climb stairs like Kate

Something spooked poor Addi

Addi on Grammy hip (common sight)

Kate on her new bench

No comments:

Post a Comment