Friday, February 19, 2010

One Year Ago...

I have been trying to come up with something all week to report, but there really is not a whole lot to report this week. We have settled into a pretty good routine with the Trioux over the last few months. They have been getting up like clockwork around 6:45 every morning. Except this last weekend, where for some reason or another they ALL slept till almost 8:00! It was VERY strange. I woke up scrambling trying to get their bottles made because they are supposed to feed at 7:30. Oh well, a little late will never hurt! The typical routine is Addi is the first to actually wake around 6:00 or so. We get her up and into her swing where she goes back to sleep until 7:00 or so. Then Jack wakes up about 6:30. I usually get him and stick him in our bed while we get ready for work. He is so content laying in our bed watching us. Kate is ALWAYS the last to get up. I think she wakes up around 7:00, but likes to just hang out in her crib being quiet. It is the greatest sight in the world when I go and get her. As soon as I round the corner and she seems me, her face lights up with the biggest smile I have ever seen! It will melt anyone!!!

The only major change that has occurred over the last week or so is Addi. As most of you know, poor Addi suffers from pretty severe acid reflux (no idea where she got that from, as I swallow my own Zantac!). As a result, we have kept her swaddled up tightly in a miracle blanket and propped up in a boppy in her crib. Every so often she would wiggle her way down flat and wake herself and half the house up. All we had to do was go in and prop her back up. Most times she wouldn’t even wake up fully. Here lately, there have been times I go in there at night and she has wiggled almost out of her blanket. I didn’t think much of it and just propped her back up. Well, must to my surprise, one morning, I walked in to get Jack out of his crib and low and behold, Addi is flat on her back, with her arms practically waiving at me! It was actually pretty funny. Somehow she figured out how to get out of her straight jacket! My little Houdini! This happened three mornings in a row! Funny thing was that she was not upset or pissed. She seemed more comfortable. So last weekend we took everything out of her crib and started laying her down just like Kate and Jack. The first few nights, she ended up in her swing, but after three nights, she made it all the way until morning! **sniff..sniff** My little girl is growing up! She seems to be much happier and goes to sleep much easier this way!

Now back to the title of this post. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of that fateful day we found out there were three little Boudreaux’s cooking in the oven! It is so hard to believe that it was that long ago. That is a day that I will never forget. It was our FIRST ultrasound after finding out we were pregnant. We had a pretty good idea that it might be twins, between the Follistem and the fact that both of Crystal’s parents are fraternal twins, but we had no idea what was in store for us. I was actually pretty excited about the idea of twins. Luckily our favorite ultrasound tech came in that day just to do our ultrasound because she was so excited that we had finally gotten pregnant. When she started looking I was soooo nervous. By this time, we had been through so many ultrasounds that I could pretty much pick out her anatomy. When she started, she found two sacs pretty quickly and all of us were very excited. She then backed up a little and said, and I will never forget this, hang on a second, let me look at that again. She got real quiet and then a huge grin came over her face. She looked up and said, well, here is A, here is B, and surprise, here is C! I had been standing the entire time and needless to say, I slumped back into my chair and my jaw hit the floor!!! Crystal didn’t say a word! I think I started to tear up a little. Not sure if I was happy, sad, terrified, excited, or what. Possibly all rolled into one. Of course the doctor told us to not stay set on the fact that we will end up with three. He really thought that one would be lost. Deep in the back of my mind I always knew that we would end up with The Trioux. When we left the doctors office we got in the car and called the grandparents. Of course they were screaming and hollering. We were still in shock though and really couldn’t speak. I think the greatest quote the entire time came from my boss when I came to work that morning. He said to me “Brian, I am shocked you came in this morning. If it would have been me to find out I was having triplets, I would have gone straight to the bar!!!”

All that being said, I LOVE MY LIFE with triplets! They are the single greatest joy in my life and I would not trade it for the world!

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. There are more pictures of Jack in this update, but next update will be a different baby.
The Trioux visiting daddy at work

"Ladybug" Addi

"Turtle" Jack

"Ladybug" Kate

Everyone chillin watching the Olympics

I think we have a thumb sucker!!!

Jack sucking his thumb

Blonde Jack


  1. I just love the little triplets!! I love to hear that you are enjoying being a dad and celebrating each milestone! Thank goodness the reflux has let up, whew:) I love the little olympic set up...who knows someday we may see them on the snow and ice!! Thanks for the update!!

  2. i think you are one amazing dad, brian. i can't WAIT to meet them! keep up the good work! love you.