Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Vehicles

This past weekend I decided it was time to go vehicle shopping. Over the last few weeks I have thought long and hard about it and came to the decision that I could not wait any longer and had to do it now. I let Crystal have the afternoon off of getting spit up on and let her go get a pedicure with the girls. My mom was in town, so we loaded the kids up in the Tahoe and went vehicle shopping.

We had a lot to consider when vehicle shopping. I wanted to get something that was practical and had so good options. I was actually a little disappointed in the selection, but had to go with what they had. I really didn’t want to have to order anything and wait on it. The funny thing was that the difference between the top of the line and the bottom was HUGE! You had a corvette and jeep at the top and what seemed to be a Hyundai at the bottom (no offence to you Hyundai owners out there). Here are the three at the top of the spectrum:





Seeing as we had to buy three of them, I did not see the point of spending that kind of money on something they would grow out of in a few months!!! All three of these were $100 or more. They were pretty tricked out though, but for the money I was expecting more. For that kind of money I was thinking there should have been chrome spinners on the wheels and a good little sound system.

Then we came to the end of the isle and what we ended up getting. I consider this the VW Bug of the group. It will get them where they need to go, but doesn’t have all the bling of the other vehicles. It has wheels, a tray and a toy bar. What else does a 6.5 month old need?! My first car was a ’69 Super Beetle and I could not see buying the girls a Corvette and Jack a Jeep as their first car. What would the neighbors think?



When we got home, we had the Inaugural Boudreaux Trioux Grand Prix. I think they really enjoyed it. Kate is by far the best driver so far. She is starting to get the hang of moving forward now. Jack and Addi still can’t quite figure it out so the first checkered flag went to Kate!!! I am thinking about moving out most of the furniture and putting up some canes and maybe a banked curve. Lets see how that goes over with Crystal.




Until next time…
Kate - "Get the heck out of my WAY!"
Addi - "Who you talkin to? I ain't movin!"
Addi


Jack aka "Ricky Bobby"


Kate




Kool Kate


Too cool for words

Rough Life


"Serious" Addi



Beginning of a typical day for us. Watching Disney



1 comment: