Friday, January 15, 2010

Doctor Visit and Being Home Alone

As you can see, it has been a little while since my last post, AGAIN! This is starting to become a bad habit! Sorry! Well, it has been a pretty crazy last week and a half. Just a quick summary:

We went to their 4 month check up last Tuesday and it is official: We have very short well proportioned babies!!! Neither of the three we even close to the growth chart in length. Mind you that is with no age adjustment. However, their weight to height is right around the 80% which I think is pretty good. Overall the doctor has told us not to change anything and to continue exactly what we were doing. She did give us the go ahead to start introducing rice cereal with a spoon into their diet. Will have another post dedicated to that one later. They are developing exactly as they should be.

Our beloved nanny Tammy had a pretty tough week last week also. She had been trying to fight off a wisdom tooth coming in for a few weeks. We were trying to get to the 21st so that Crystal’s parents could come down and stay with the babies so that Tammy could get her tooth taken care of and I would not have to take off from work. Well, things did not go to plan! Her husband called me EARLY Thursday morning and told me that it could not wait any longer. He told me that she was trying so hard to come to work but he had to step in and say no. That meant that daddy had to stay home for two days ALONE with the Trioux! I was pretty intimidated at first but when I actually did it, it was pretty fun. We watched TV, played, CRIED, ate, CRIED, played some more, CRIED, cooked dinner together, CRIED, and napped (them one at a time). Oh and did I mention CRY! Thursday was fine. Everyone did great. Friday was the day I almost lost my mind! Addi’s reflux was acting up very bad, Kate was teething like something fierce, and Jack did not want to lay down by himself. There was at least one baby crying at any given moment during the day! I didn’t eat lunch until 2:00 PM, didn’t brush my teeth until 2:30 and didn’t get a shower until later that night! I have a new found respect for all you out there that stay at home with your kids! As tough as it was though, I had so much fun and actually enjoyed it.

This past Tuesday was also a pretty interesting day. Monday afternoon Crystal informed me that she had to go to something for work and would not be home until around 8:30 or 9:00. Normally this would not be a problem. I would do their 6:00 feed by myself and then wait fro her to get home to bathe, feed and put to bed at 9:00. Well, this past weekend we changed them to a 4 hour feed schedule and took out the 9:00 bottle. Now they feed at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and then final feed at 7:30. So now I was left to do it all by myself!!! Again, I was a little intimidated but pulled thru just fine. Got all three bathed, fed and off to bed and only 30 minutes late! Not to bad if I say so myself.

Now for just a little update on each of the Trioux:

ADDI:

Our sweet and fussy little Addi. She has been the one with the most stomach problems. She has some pretty severe reflux going on. Right now she is on Enfamil AR and Zantac twice a day. Some days are good and some are very bad. Her bad days really tear me up! I hate so much to listen to her cry in pain. When she is not being affected by her reflux, she is one of the sweetest things on earth! She has the most beautiful little smile and little laugh. For the longest time she was WAY behind in the weight department. She was always at least two pounds less than Kate. Not any more! She has almost completely caught up to Kate. She is our little feisty one!

JACK:

Jacks skin seems to be getting a little better. Poor guy has been fighting eczema for the last couple of months. He has all the typical red spots all over his body. The worst part is his scalp. He looks like an old man with really bad dandruff. We have started using baking soda in his bath and it seems to be helping. He is starting to really hate his swing and loves to be in the middle of everything. He is starting to show some signs of teething, but none of the pain yet. He has no interest yet in rolling over or being on tummy time, but in the middle of the night, he ends up on his side and all turned around in his crib. He does have one of the most infectious laughs I have ever heard. Once he gets going in is HILAROUS!

KATE:

Kate is the epitome of happy baby! She is usually the one that laughs and smiles the most. She is also the most talkative lately. Sometimes I almost feel like I can have a complete conversation with her. Here lately though, she has been having a VERY rough time with teething. She has it pretty bad!!! Sometimes I will see her put her entire fist in her mouth trying to chew on it. It is pretty funny when she gets it there. Kate is leading the pack in firsts. She is the first to discover both sides of her hands and the first to roll from front to back. My money is on her to be the first to cut a tooth also. She is getting very strong and is showing that urge to try and crawl. We will see.

AS you can tell they are really growing and developing pretty fast. I am amazed everyday and the changes in them. You hear the old adage “they grow up so fast,” but you don’t believe it until you actually see it. I can remember when they were no bigger than a bag of flour. I am just trying to enjoy every minute of it! I love being a Triplet Dad!!!

Here are some more pictures of our life at home. One day I will update this blog and actually put pictures from our digital camera on here and not pics from my iPhone. It just so happens that I update this blog from work a lot of the time and those are the only pics I have available! (Don’t tell anyone about blogging at work!!! LOL)

Kate, Addi, Jack lined up ready for thier first rice cereal feeding!
Kate's not sure what to think about this whole thing.

Jack just chillin in his bouncy (notice the homemade step).

Brother and sister napping (Jack & Kate)


My FAVORITE picture of Addi












1 comment:

  1. What a fun post!! It definatly is a challenge to be home by yourself, but it sounds like you did a great job. I don't have triplets but there are times all 4 of my boys and 1 girl are all crying at once. That is a melting point for everyone. As for the showering at night....lol, been there and DO that:) They are beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete